Today’s post is a yummy one! Sweet potatoes are one of my favorite vegetables. I actually prefer them over white potatoes, but I never thought of them as a brekky idea until I tried this sweet potato toast. I fell in LOVE!
Not only is it a yummy idea for breakfast, but it’s also quick, easy, nutritious, and filling! The nut butter and avocado help keep you nice and filled up all morning.
So without further ado, here is the fabuloous breakfast idea that you’ll be making erremorning!
- Sweet Potato
- Salt (I use Himalayan Pink salt)
- Coconut oil
- Nut butter of choice
- Honey or agave
- Banana and/or other fruit
(my personal faavorite version 😉 )
- Garlic and/or onion salt
- Hemp Seeds
- Goat cheese or other cheese of choice *optional- it’s great without it
- Pre-heat yo’ oven to 350° and then cut your potato length-wise into several long slices.
- Then put your potato slices on a pan and brush a thin coat of coconut oil on both sides and sprinkle with salt and either cinnamon or garlic salt.
- Next, place your slices in the oven for 15-20 minutes. It’s best to set a timer for 15 mins. and then poke with a fork and check periodically until the slices are soft and tender.
- After your potato slices are nice and cooked just spread and sprinkle your favorite toppings! For the avocado I just mash it up, add some salt and onion salt and spread it over the slices. Then I sprinkle on the goat cheese. With the nut butter I just spread it on and then layer and drizzle all the toppings.
Alll I an say is enjoooy! This is definitely one of my most faavorite brekky ideas right now!